Gloucestershire Royal Hospital is in our parish and we would like to make sure the staff and patients there get as much prayer as possible at this time. We hope that you will be able to join us in praying for our wonderful NHS.
Here is a general prayer that you could use:
give courage, skill, sympathy and resilience
to all who are caring for the sick,
and your wisdom to those making decisions and searching for a cure.
Strengthen them with your Spirit,
that through their work many will be restored to health;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Things that staff at the hospital have asked us to pray for are:
- Courage to keep working and caring in the face of personal fears and increased workload
- Strength to keep going
- Space to draw on their own faith (whatever that is) and for staff with no faith to not feel like they are facing this alone
- That staff are not overwhelmed as they cope with Covid alongside flu season and long waiting lists
- Ability to make good decisions in tough situations
- That people would celebrate, appreciate and feel proud of the wonderful NHS
Thank you for your prayers. Please do post your prayers, support and encouragement for the NHS on social media (use the tag #PrayforGRH so we can follow what each other is praying), as we stand alongside them as best we can.